Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday June 10 in Friend

I am now in Friend, NE. While driving here I drove through what I thought would be a tiny town - Crete. But apparently, it's not as small as I imagined! It has a Burger King, a Wal-mart, and two car dealerships!

Friend is not quite as big, but so far the people are friendly. Granted, I've only met two so far, but they're nice. I'm staying at a house, the Dr's house actually, and I am so pleased to know that they have wireless internet. It is so amazing to not have to hold some strange and awkward position closest to the window to pick up wireless. Today, before I left I needed to be sure of how to get to Friend, so I was desperately trying to obtain a signal. I went out to the backyard where Rojane had gotten good signal earlier... no luck. So finally I ended up out on our driveway.

But I want you to know that right now I am sitting on my new bed in Friend. I am comfortable, in air-conditioning, with my feet up, and I still can browse at my whim through the internet. It's beautiful.

I realize that there is a ton of things that I should have blogged about. India and Nepal being most of them, and I'm having quandaries as to what to do about it. Where do I start? Hmm... Perhaps I'll just do an overview... or maybe none at all. I do think I will put more random pictures up as I'm sorting them for a talk at my home church.

~k, well, I really should study something and go to bed. And henceforth starts Clinical Rotations.... more excitement to come!
~nr

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice pictures of india. i will be a little nicer about harassing you about not blogging now that i realize what you had to go through to blog. (except now you don't have to go through that so you have no excuse :)

Chrs Johnson said...

If you ever need wireless while in Lincoln, stop on in. We have some nice sitting areas and you could even drink some of our water if you wanted. So how was that family reunion? Have fun and be good.