Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Probably Not

I did not miss classes at all over spring break. In fact, as I was traveling on the bumpy road that leads out from Blue John Canyon (which knocked apart my car's exhaust, but that's another story), someone mentioned that they had a lot of homework to do when they got back. For a second I was confused, but my confusion soon turned to elation when I realized that I had completely forgotten about school. It just seemed like I lived there in Moab, Utah and that my life was full of exploring canyons, climbing large pieces of rock, camping, and rappelling off ginormous arches. What a great break.
My roommate and I went along with 7 guys to Utah to do just those above mentioned activities. After the 12 hour drive we arrived at our campsite around 5am to quickly crawl into our bags and snooze. When I opened my eyes later in the morning light I was awed by the massive rocks just in front of me! And then awed even more when I realized how incredibly blue the sky was.
I broke out my new rock climbing shoes after breakfast and tried my first ever climb. (Imagine, I have climbing shoes and have never even been on a climbing wall before). The experience was amazing! As I was gripping onto the rock with the terror of falling causing my whole body to shake, I realized that this was...
~to be continued

1 comment:

Ben said...

oh, come on, at least give us some pictures!