Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trip tribulations

The trip started at 5am Thursday morning. We were in Kansas when we saw the sunrise and we were still in Kansas when the van started smoking. There was a leak with the transmission fluid. WE tightened up the bolts where the fluid was leaking out on the side of the interstate, checked the fluid levels, crossed our fingers and started off again.

The tires on the trailer started smoking... More fluid out of the transmission. What was going on!!?? We didn't know. So we asked a professional. He said that our transmission was shot. Apparently the fluid was "burnt" which is a very bad sign.

We limped into Ardmore 13 hours after we started after going an average of 58 mph for the sake of the van.

Found a place to live on Friday. Water, gas, and electric are to be turned on Monday. Stayed at a hotel with mom and Greg this weekend and had a very nice time.

Sat. night my mother bought a new car. Wow. It's a nice car!

Now mom is on her way home. Greg and I are headed over to unpack the trailer (which is now in my possession I guess) and move me in to my new house!

More to come

No comments: