Monday, March 10, 2008

cherry red

Went snorkeling at Dog Leg Reef Sunday. Beautiful place! It had rained a ton so the original plan of hiking was kind of sloppy. :( After a scenic drive, I was in the water at Dog Leg. It was rainy and cloudy, so I was oblivious to possible sun exposure. The reef was amazing! So many different kinds of coral! And there was a large, unidentified, long, blue, pointy-nosed fish that had teeth, and swam right past me. Whoa. So, the amount of time snorkeling? I don't really know, but I think it was around 3 hrs. After we had dried off and were headed out, Eric realized that his calves were red. I thought to myself...awww... poor guy. But soon realized my calves were also burnt, and other things on my posterior. Oh my, I was getting more tender every minute.

So now I officially have a painful, heat-emitting burn. It makes me tired. It makes me crabby. On top of that I had the worst day at work today. I should have had a good day because I was able to see a lot of patients... but I was crabby, had a headache, was uncomfortable, hypoglycemic, and just plain cranky. Bah. I didn't get out of work until 8pm. That is 12 straight hours of clinic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.