Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm a Farm Girl

I'm a farm girl, through and through. I've been craving some good 'ol farm time for weeks now. I was on call this weekend and on one of the many occasions that I was in the ER, I mentioned how it would be nice to ride a horse. The friendly ER nurse called up a friend of hers and today (tuesday) I was blessed. I thought it might be awkward - going to a farm to hang out with people I didn't know, but my craving overpowered my hesitance and I'm so glad it did. There is nothing like feeling the massive hunk of horse muscle under me tight and ready to run on my command, asking over and over again "Can we go now? Can we go now?" and then release him to fly down the pasture with pounding hooves and the wind whipping through my hair. Who knew that sweat combined with a little horse dirt could smell so good and be so inviting?

Big Guy and me October 9, 2007

No comments: