Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Lark in the Meadow


So, I'm at my favorite coffee shop. It's not my favorite because they have the best coffee in town, not because all my friends go here, or its the closest to my house. I like it because their tables are big. I like it because it's open and spacious. You never feel like you're being an inconvenience by staying there for long periods of time. I like it because the people here... even though there are many that I have not talked to, they become familiar. I finally met the guy at the counter today. He has red curly hair that is almost to his shoulders. His name is Spencer and he has an eyebrow ring. There is a guy that goes here quite often who drives a blue Saab. I parked by him today, and gawked at his nice car. I think it's like a 2004 or something. It's pretty nice. I still don't know which guy he is... or girl I guess. I'm pretty sure it's a guy though.

Over break I came here on a Wednesday evening and realized it was open mic night. I had never been to an open mic before, and since I wasn't overloaded with homework I stayed. It was cool to see the people I see here often all came together to help with the open mic - setting up, running the sound, organizing. Kind of like a little family. Is that what coffee shops are all about? Look! There's four of my friends-by-observation now!

No comments: