Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Best of NC



As the sun rises


I'm back from my adventures in the south. I miss the southern hospitality and the fun people I worked and played with every day! Since NC I've been traumatized by quarterly exams, informed by peer presentations, humbled by exam results, and am now in Omaha doing a ER rotation. It's great! I was there for no more than 30 minutes before I saw my first stab wound! With air bubbling out of the side of the patients chest, my mouth was gaping open. Wow. Then I watched as they expertly slipped a chest tube in to drain the blood building up around the lungs. Wow. Wish I could have taken a picture to share, but alas. HIPPA.
Here are a few more pictures of NC. Just to finish out the trip!

My facility of learning


The office


My office! (for the first 2 weeks, then I got booted by the new partner ;)


Me and the Doc


The Papa of the PA program



Ode to cardio


Me and the priest - Messiah's Mansion Tours!



Another view from the office window - do you see why they are called the Smokey Mountains?


My first whitewater rafting experience took place in this raft



A map of pure fun



My NC mama!











High falls - I downclimbed that!


On top of high falls

No comments: