Friday, August 17, 2007

life in NC




I love this place. The rolling hills, the neverending trees, the abundance of green. Yesterday we went to the top of Mt. Pisgah and had dinner overlooking the whole valley, then drove around on Blue Ridge parkway to see the sights - various waterfalls, famous mountians (cold mountain being one of them) and rock formations, and potentially great hiking trails. We hiked for just a few minutes down to a waterfall down a trail that was surrounded by bushes, no, by a thicket, it's like it was cut out for us (ok, well, it was). I love the smokey mountians - and it's so easy to tell why they call them the smokies.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

That is what amazed me about Virginia when I was there last year. People have been there 400 years and still haven't been able to cut down any trees. The immensity of the wilderness considering the duration of habitation is interesting to me.

shelli said...

Oh Nancy!! i am loving your pictures. I love that area so much (have i mentioned that...oops). I have a picture of me by those same falls i think. So question, have you ever seen Cold Mountain? It is filmed on the BR Parkway. Hope all is well, keep the pictures coming.

Unknown said...

hey what is your new phone number? i tried to write it down from your message but i didn't have a pen (thus it was difficult.) email it to me. not that i really communicate with you by phone now that you've left lincoln. but in case i don't see you until your birthday again.