Monday, July 2, 2007

life in the day

Monday
12:25am - set alarm, go to bed
5:50am - alarm goes off, snooze for 10 minutes
6:00 - jump in the shower before my roommate
6:10 - dry, pack, eat, iron
7am - leave for Friend
8am - the clinic opens, patients start streaming in
MORNING - Patients with hypertension, heart failure, diabetes, compression fractures, prosthetic mitral valves, depression, lacerations, ear infections
1:20 pm - Holy cow... it's that late already? I haven't eaten lunch. Run to car, find munchies.
AFTERNOON - see patient with dog bites, ingrown toenails, more hypertension, swallowed pennies, recurrent urinary tract infections, headaches, peripheral swelling, stitch removals, ulcerations on leg, wheezing, ovarian cancer. allergies, sinus infections.
5pm - whoa... we still have patients.
5:30 - finish up some paperwork
6pm - make soup for supper
6:30 - watch star trek (or something) with my supervising physician
7:30 - head outside for some fresh air, read some papers on lipid meds, make some phone calls
9 pm - feel sick, take shower and put on comfy clothes, crawl into bed, start entering my SPEED data from the patients that I saw today. Get distracted
10:20 - got blocked out of myspace. Does that happen? Apparently I'd been phished, and because of that... I'm blocked? Well, whatever. I need to go to bed. Tomorrow will be oh to early. nite nite

3 comments:

Unknown said...

(1) I like this Dr. guy--star trek, eh?
(2) isn't it breaking HIPPA or something telling us what you treated?
(3) your day sounds very exciting and more important--useful. i mean...i had a good long day and all i have to show is some accounting notes, some proofread papers, entered data, and some writing. You--healthy people. well done, nance!

Unknown said...

you were right about worrying about chiggers from the 3rd. they got me. anyway. i'm studying at meadowlark. it's open today.

nance said...

No HIPPA breaking there. You don't know who I'm talking about, so no problem! :) Healthy people??? Oh no, my friend... most are not. Sorry about the chiggers. Jealous about Meadowlark. I would have gone there... but my day was waaay to full of horses, weddings, Chipotle, and Anita. :) Life is good.